When on vacation in the Outer Banks you want to be at the beach and enjoying the scenery as much as possible. That’s why there are so many places to enjoy the outdoors while dining out on the Outer Banks. While we missed a few here are some of our favorite places where you can enjoy some amazing food with a view.
- Mike Dianna’s Grill Room. Located in the Timbuck II Shopping Village, Mike Dianna’s, offers a large outdoor deck with a bar and live music nightly in season. They also serve lunch daily Memorial Day through Labor Day. While enjoying one of their signature steaks you will also be able to enjoy the sunset over the sound.
- Oceanfront Grille. Oceanfront Grille is the only ocean front dining offered in Corolla. Located in the Corolla Light Resort, Oceanfront Grille is a family friendly restaurant serving steaks and seafood with poolside tables and gorgeous views of the beach. Reservations are encouraged due to the limited seating on their elevated deck.
- La Dolce Vita. At La Dolce Vita you will enjoy familiar Italian dining on a beachy outdoor deck. Eat up their famous homemade lasagna with a glass of red wine while basking in the views of the sun setting over the Currituck sound. Open for lunch and dinner in the Timbuck II Shopping Village in Corolla.
- John’s Drive In. Longtime local favorite who has been serving the Outer Banks since 1977 is John’s Drive In. Come as you are and enjoy one of their delicious milkshakes or their famous dolphin boats. Even though there may be a wait, and the parking can be a little difficult, it is totally worth the wait.
- Fish Heads Bar and Grille. Spend the day at the Outer Banks Fishing Pier playing in the waves or fishing from the pier. When you start to get hungry head to the pier’s restaurant, Fish Heads. They have everything from burgers to fish tacos, and corn dogs to steamed shrimp They also offer a large selection of craft beers and wine. Come and enjoy live music, delicious food, and incomparable views of the Atlantic Ocean!
- Ocean Boulevard. Enjoy an American bistro-style menu on the oceanside patio at Ocean Boulevard. Ocean Boulevard has been featured in Southern Living magazine as well as The Washington Post. On most nights you will be able to enjoy live music with an ocean breeze while eating a delicious dinner or sipping on a great martini.
- Pamlico Jacks. One of my favorite place to go for a nice dinner while watching the sunset is Pamlico Jacks. The kids will love the pirate-themed ships deck. After dinner if you are feeling adventurous head next door to the First Flight Adventure Park and tackle their aerial rope courses.
- Mulligans. You will be able to enjoy gorgeous views of the beach and sunset from the upper deck at Mulligans. They offer everything from local seafood to burgers and you must try one of their famous orange crushes.
- Duck Deli. If you are walking around Duck, shopping, and you start to get hungry and are looking for somewhere to cool off, Duck Deli is the place for you! Their shaded outdoor seating area is the perfect place to cool off while enjoying lunch or dinner. If you still haven’t cooled off after eating lunch/dinner then you must get their famous cobbler sundae.
- Rundown Café. Soak in gorgeous views of the ocean while eating a Caribbean style dish on the island themed deck at Rundown Café. This is a great family-friendly restaurant with an affordable menu, lots of kid options, and live music during the in-season.
Be sure to add one of these restaurants to your to-do list and enjoy a delicious meal while listing to the waves crash on the beach or watch the sunset at dinner over the sound.