ATTENTION OUTER BANKS PROPERTY OWNERS: THERE IS A BETTER CHOICE! Declare this your year to celebrate owning a Vacation Rental Home!
Outer Banks Blue wants to provide you with a different experience, where we go above and beyond to exceed your expectations in rental management and you feel like part of the team! We deliver unmatched experience, results, and "Blue Ribbon” customer service.
The equation for success starts with your Rental Management company and the services provided to your guests to keep them coming back year after year. We value your business and put you first on our list of priorities.
As an Outer Banks Blue property owner, you’ve earned the right to receive the greatest possible return for your investment while actually being able to enjoy your property. Let us introduce ourselves to you and a partnership arrangement with a competent firm that operates with integrity and provides optimum service above all. We vow to avoid frustration for owners and solve matters with common sense, hard work and communication. A second home is a luxury that should be worry free. Let us show you how it can be done.
Most owners expect three things from their rental management firm:
Maximum bookings, Property care of their investment, and Timely Communications.
Outer Banks Blue provides maximum bookings by executing innovative, aggressive and comprehensive marketing campaigns. Using these strategies Outer Banks Blue is fast becoming a front-runner in property management firms offering high quality homes on the Outer Banks:
- Consistent analysis of trends and targeting strategies.
- Search Engine interfaces and sponsored links, banner ads and pay per click
- SEO campaigns are implemented and reviewed daily to keep www.outerbanksblue.com at the top of the list for prospective tenants to see.
- An informative, well-organized and easy to use website utilizing the highest quality digital photography and virtual tours available in the industry today. On- line booking capability works for you 24 hours a day.
- Advertising in cooperative campaigns with the Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce and the Outer Banks Visitors Bureau provide us with thousands of direct leads for prospective guests for your home.
- Print advertising in targeted circulars, magazines and newspapers are placed with careful timing to optimize exposure for Outer Banks Blue and your investment.
- Marketing Strategies including Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google +, and Pinterest.
Proper Care of Your Investment
The maintenance and care of your home is the number one reason for complaint by homeowners and tenants alike. Through personal detailed attention and follow-through Outer Banks Blue offers solutions to a historically maddening area for homeowners:
- Maintenance Trouble Shooting: All homes operate under an inclusive package arrangement to alleviate many "nickel and dime" charges on invoices. We inclue some "nuisance" calls, or deliveries, in the management fee, alleviating confusing and upsetting charges on monthly statements.
- Specialty services such as HVAC filter replacement and linen replacement (and staging) are included in our standard management agreement.
- The highest housekeeping standards have been implemented to meet owner and tenant expectations. Detailed training and regular inspections offer a successful first impression for tenants and owners.
Communication should be done at the convenience and on the terms of the homeowner. Electronic communication is convenient, but does not replace the need to pick up the phone and talk. Outer Banks Blue operates with communication as our number one priority for owners and guests:
- All staff members are held to the "sundown rule”. All messages and emails are answered or responded to by the end of the day. You deserve to know your question has been received and that a resolution is in process.
- Phones are manned by people, not electronic voicemail systems. No more confusing electronic "robot-like" directions: Owners, vendors and tenants receive personal attention that is friendly, informative and responsive from the first phone call.
Rental guests want to feel special. They are trying to unpack 51 weeks of hard work into one memorable getaway to the Outer Banks. Outer Banks Blue does all that we can in our communication to ensure that our guests understand their importance to us:
- Check in by email Check out and sail: We offer your guests the convenience of going straight to the home on check in day without having to make that last stop at the office to wait in line for their keys. This convenience is offered for check out also. Guests may leave as early as they would like and will not have to concern themselves with going out of their way to return keys or forms. This particular feature has proven to be a very successful marketing feature!
- Certain properties may participate in our "Blue Ribbon Services” program, that includes additional services and amenities for guest in some properties.
- Email responses to guest inquiries are prompt and informative (within 6 hours).
- Linens are a standard feature in the quality homes we offer our guests, with beds made, bath and kitchen linens for guest and owner arrivals.
- Property management software from a cutting edge technology firm is integrated into the property management system. This allows reservation agents to immediately cross reference the phone call with a guest history database. Our staff will be able to personalize their handling of calls to the point that we know what house the caller rented previously, the fact that they have 4 children, and they made a maintenance request during their last visit. This will bring the level of customer service to new heights in this area.
- In those situations where service recoveries are necessary, service call to housekeeping and maintenance are acted upon promptly and are followed up on from management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guests are met with an arrival package at the property which properly welcomes them to their getaway which is included in the commission. Starter supplies of soap, paper products and other items will postpone their inevitable trip to the grocery store for a few hours and allow them to relax sooner.
We are aware of a growing number of property owners that do not wish to rent their property, but at the same time desire professional management services for their investment property.
One of the services offered by Outer Banks Blue is a "property management" program whereby owners of houses with few or no rentals can contract with the firm for a number of services such as housekeeping, light maintenance, and home inspections. Costs of this program will be based on a discounted off of market rates and will require the owner to maintain a minimum balance in their trust fund to satisfy any costs that become due to the company.
Let us introduce ourselves to you; we offer a partnership agreement with a better kind of management company. Whether your "blue chip" accommodations are for your own enjoyment or are in a weekly rental program, we're here to provide service to you above all.
Contact Debbie Runnells (Outer Banks Blue's Vice President of Business Development) for a comprehensive overview of services designed to benefit you and your investment. Debbie will introduce you to the Blue difference and will gladly answer your questions about how doing business with the right company can make all the difference in the success and enjoyment of your investment!
"You've always taken such excellent care of us, we gave our neighbors our unqualified and enthusiastic endorsement of you when they were interviewing for a management company at the beginning of the season. We are delighted that: (1) they told us our recommendation influenced them in choosing you, and (2) more importantly, but not surprisingly, they've also told us they are quite satisfied with their choice."
R.G. Owner, Sea Fox, Sanderling
" It makes us proud that our home is renting so well and that we're getting such positive feedback from our guests your crew is doing a great job and we are thrilled with all you do for us.”
MB, Owner, DL002 Wine N Sea