Boarding FacilitiesThere are a number of daily boarding options for times when your pet can't join you for an outing. Here are two of the many boarding facilities on the Outer Banks:
- Ocean Sands K-9 Resort: Check-in starting at 6:30 a.m. and check-out as late as 11:00 p.m., seven days a week. Check your pet in and out multiple times a day, or come by and play with your pet whenever you choose.
- Martin's Point Veterinary Hospital: A newly designed boarding kennel in glass and stainless, scheduled outdoor play sessions and more. Martin's Point also allows you to check your pets in and out at will, with the added advantage of veterinarians on site should you need them.
Pet-Friendly Locations and ActivitiesThe beach is a great place to enjoy quality time with your pet, but what about some of the Outer Banks' other popular destinations? Which ones do and don't welcome pets?
The best way to know for sure is to call ahead and ask. To get you started, here are just a few spots that welcome you and your K-9 kids:
- American Pie (dogs are allowed on the patio)
- Bacchus Wine and Cheese (sidewalk café)
- John's Drive-In
- Steamers Shellfish To Go (outdoor seating area)
Pets are family, too. With these resources, every member of your family - including the furry ones - can have a blast doing what they love most on the Outer Banks.